WHAT’S THE VIBE OF YOUR OFFICE?
How many times have you sat down at your workspace ready accomplish a project, only to end up browsing the internet mindlessly? We can all relate. The typical workspace and structure of our work days can be draining and quite frankly, very unmotivating. But there is a solution!
What is it, you ask?
The lesson is to invest time and energy into creating a work-space that inspires you!
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO CREATE A WORKSPACE THAT YOU LOVE
If you feel stagnant and uninspired when you look at your white-walled, dimly-lit and unorganized workspace, you’re not alone! Millions of North Americans spend over 50% of their waking hours in a workspace that makes them feel sleepy, unmotivated and uninspired. Until now, not much thought has been put into the spaces where we’re expected to perform at peak capacity and be the most productive version of ourselves!
Infuse your current workspace with more tools, decorations and objects that bring you joy. If you’re going to be there, you might as well be surrounded with your most favourite things!
To get started on creating your dream workspace, take 5 minutes to go through the following exercise:
- Define your dream workspace (what does it look like, how does it feel to walk in and see it, is there a smell, what textures and patterns do you see, what can you touch or feel, how big is it, where is it, etc.)
- What inspires you to work hard and show up as the best version of you, everyday?
- What books have greatly impacted your life?
- What is one object you can’t live without?
- What furniture would you like to include? What about decorations?
- What motivates you to be active?
- Do you have a big water bottle or water glass you like to drink from?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What colours make you feel happy & inspired?
Pick 4 of the above 8 questions and create a plan of action for how to implement these into your workspace!
Here are a few Workspace Essentials, that allow us to perform in a peak state every single day:
- I Glow water bottle
- Exercise bands, a skipping rope and free weights for a quick movement session
- Photos of my favourite people, places and things
- Plants and flowers
- Multi-coloured post it notes for ideas that come to mind
- Colourful highlighters
- Essential oils + a diffuser
- Twinkle lights that I flick on in the early morning or at dusk
- Motivational quotes in frames & on my bulletin board
- Inspiring books and magazines
- Spiral notebook + pen
- Coffee mug that I love using
- Deck of intention cards
- Vision board of where I’m headed in the coming 365 days
Kelsey Reidl is a Registered Holistic Nutrition & Business Coach. She helps wellness entrepreneurs to write their business plans, create an innovate sales strategy and find clients with ease using online marketing efforts. Her signature 90-day coaching program “The VISIONARY METHOD” has helped 100’s of aspiring and startup entrepreneurs gain the confidence they need to have a thriving coaching or service-based business. She lives in Toronto with her husband and rescue pup, Abby.