Everybody has big dreams to pursue. One of Crudessence’s is to support you in accomplishing yours. How? By offering you high energy, uncompromising products. When consuming a Crudessence creation, you give your body the best: a product easily digested with a high-energy content to help you think, move and create! Our dedicated team puts their heart and soul into offering you 100% organic, 100% gluten free, 100% vegan, 100% hand-made products.
Today, Crudessence shares 2 of their recipes with us: their Mineral Green Juice, ideal after a sporting effort, and their Cacao Macaroon, an energy ball for sportpersons.
GREEN MINERAL JUICE
Photo: Mathieu Dupuis
Soaking: 8 hours
Preparation: 10 minutes
Utensils: Milk filter, blender
- 500 ml (2 cups) of almond milk (made from 110g or ¾ cups of almonds and 625ml or 2 ½ cups of water)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 30 g (½ cup) kale, cut in strips
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, peeled
- The zest of 1 green lemon and 1 tbsp. of fresh coriander
- 225 g (1 ½ cups) cubed fresh pineapple
- Pinch of salt
- Sesame seeds
1. Let the almonds soak in water for 8 hours. Rinse well and discard the water used for soaking.
2. Use the soaked almonds and water to make milk.
3. Combine the almond milk and the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until you get a creamy smoothie. If your smoothie is too thick, add more almond milk or water, little by little.
Depending on your blender’s speed settings, it might be better to puree the kale first using part of the almond milk before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Photo: Anthony J.Branco
Preparation: 20 minutes
Yields 20 macaroons
Utensil: Food processor
- 70 g (½ cup) Brazil nuts
- 180 g (2 cups) grated coconut
- 130 g (½ cup) date paste
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/8 tsp. salt sel de mercredi
- 30 g (¼ cup) cacao powder
- ¼ tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract
1. In your food processor, transform the Brazil nuts and half of the grated coconut into a smooth butter.
2. Add all the other ingredients and mix for a few minutes. We want a uniform mixture, but not a liquid one.
3. Pour this mixture in a bowl and add the rest of the grated coconut. Mix by hand in order to get a workable black sticky paste.
4. With an ice cream spoon or a melon spoon, shape balls of 2.5 cm. in diameter. Roll them between the palms of your hands in order to create beautiful round macaroons.
You can keep them for 1 month in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, or for 4 months in the freezer.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE THIS ARTICLE
Recipe: green vitality smoothie. 2 things are providing me with inspiration: the sugaring-off season that starts in March and our desire to take off for the Tropics at this time of year! – Marikym Hervieux, Lolë ambassador