With Summer just around the bend, take heart and find balance by embracing sound habits! It’s easy to integrate a yoga practice into even the busiest schedule, and doing so makes it possible to free your spirit and tone your body. After a session, recharge your batteries by savouring this tasty recipe that’s a breeze to make!
- + 15 ml (1 tbsp) of vegetable oil
- + 500 ml (2 cups) of your choice of fresh vegetables (peas, bean sprouts, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.), cut into thin strips or small florets
- + 125 ml (1/2 cup) of tofu, cubed
- + 15 ml (1 tbsp) of ginger, finely chopped
- + Juice of 1 lemon
- + 60 ml (1/4 cup) of unsalted peanuts, crushed
- + 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Allégro cheese*, cut into small cubes
- + Salt and pepper to taste
In a wok, heat the oil over high heat. Add the vegetables and the tofu, and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Add the ginger and the lemon juice. Continue cooking for 1 minute, and then add the peanuts and the Allégro cheese*. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Continue stir-frying for 30 seconds. Serve immediately. Serving suggestion: Serve over jasmine rice garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe combines the heart health benefits of soy protein and peanuts with the tasty herbs and spices of Allégro cheese. It cooks in less than 5 minutes and tastes superb the next day for lunch too! Source of iron Good source of calcium and vitamin C.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4 1/2 minutes
Number of portions: 4
*try the recipe with the cheese Allégro 4% Herbs & Spices