Forget drinking smoothies with a straw – now they’re eaten with a spoon!
Breakfast bowls have everything you could ask for – a smoothie on one side, chia pudding on the other, separated with a variety of gourmet toppings. Prep is fast and easy, which gives you plenty of extra time in your morning routine to savour your healthy and hearty breakfast. Seasonal fruit adds vitamins, while fibre and magnesium come from almonds, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts, chia seeds, and/or hemp seeds. For extra crunch, try adding muesli, granola, or some Goji berries. Change up the colours of your smoothie each day of the week according to the fruits and veggies in your fridge using the illustrated smoothie chart offered by Prana!
How it’s made: ProactivChia pudding by Prana
- 4 tablespoons of whole black
ProactivChia by Prana
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of ground vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1. The day before, prepare the ProactivChia pudding by mixing the almond milk and vanilla in a Mason jar. Stir well and add the ProactivChia and maple syrup.
2. Regularly shake the jar to mix the chia and prevent it from sticking. Keep in the refrigerator overnight.
How it’s made: Green smoothie
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 frozen or fresh banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of blanched almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- A dash of maple syrup, to taste
- Garnish : Some almonds, Hemp seeds, ProactivChia by Prana, Some berries, Classic Coconut Strips
1. Mix all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
2. To serve, pour the pudding and smoothie into a bowl at the same time, one in each hand. The goal is to form a half and half visual effect of pudding and smoothie.
3. Garnish with walnuts, chia, coconut slices and seasonal fruits. Serve immediately.
Thank you to PRANA for this recipe and their partnership with the Lolë White Tour!
PRANA is a family-owned Canadian company born out of the love for food and the belief that food can fuel our appetite for life. They specialize in the importation and manufacturing of 100% organic, gluten-free and GMO-free snacks. PRANA goes above and beyond by doing all their roasting and flavouring in-house. They believe in goodness – as in wholesome, organic and sustainable – that also tastes good. They care, inspire and dare, using business as a motor for change that is socially and environmentally responsible. PRANA products can be found in all major grocery chains, pharmacies, natural food stores and online in bulk.