Hi, I am Laura Warf, the Lifestyle and Community Manager with Lolë. We would like to help make your next yoga practice more enjoyable by offering some helpful tips to some of the most popular poses. In this next series of videos, join me to learn how to safely and effectively move in and out of some of the most widely recognized postures. Today I will address Downward Dog –Adho Mukha Svanasana-.
• Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
• Energizes the body
• Stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, calves, arches, and hands
• Strengthens the arms and legs
• Improves digestion
• Relieves headache, insomnia, back pain, and fatigue
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Pregnancy, do not do this pose late-term.
• High blood pressure or headache: support your head on a bolster or block, ears level between the arms
The true Master resides within. The best advice is to listen to your body and the signals it gives you!