Hi, I am Laura Warf, the Lifestyle and Community Manager with Lolë. We would like to help make your next yoga practice more enjoyable by offering some helpful tips to some of the most popular poses. In this next series of videos, join me to learn how to safely and effectively move in and out of some of the most widely recognized postures. Today I will be deconstructing Extended Triangle pose (Utthita Trikonasana).
• Stretches and strengthens the thighs, knees, and ankles
• Stretches the hips, groins, hamstrings, and calves; shoulders, chest, and spine
• Stimulates the abdominal organs
• Helps relieve stress
• Improves digestion
• Low blood pressure
• High blood pressure: Turn the head to gaze downward in the final pose.
• Heart Condition: Practice against a wall. Keep the top arm on the hip.
• Neck problems: Don’t turn your head to look upward; continue looking straight ahead and keep both sides of the neck evenly long.
The true Master resides within. The best advice is to listen to your body and the signals it gives you.