Hi, I am Laura Warf, the Lifestyle and Community Manager with Lolë. We would like to help make your next yoga practice more enjoyable by offering some helpful tips to some of the most popular poses. In this next series of videos, join me to learn how to safely and effectively move in and out of some of the most widely recognized postures. Today I will be deconstructing Warrior 1 (Virabhadrasana 1).
– Stretches and opens the chest and lungs, shoulders and neck, torso, hips
– Strengthens the back, shoulders and arms
– Strengthens and stretches the thighs, calves, and ankles
– High blood pressure (keep arms down instead of elevated)
– Anyone with shoulder issues should keep their raised arms open or at shoulder height parallel to the ground on even hands placed on the hips
– Any neck problems; the gaze should be kept downwards on the ground ahead instead of looking up at the hands.
The true master resides within. The best advice is to always listen to your body and respect the signals it gives you.