Yummy + Healthy = Oikos Avocado Yogurt Sauce!
An easy, healthy and yummy recipe for enjoying yogurt in a new way…
Can’t get enough yogurt? Brace yourself, you don’t have to wait for breakfast or dessert for the next spoonful! There are hundreds of recipe ideas for making yogurt part of your meals. Here’s one of our favourites, mix it with avocado and marinate your chicken or tofu!
You will need:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Oikos 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and mashed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
What now? Easy as 1, 2, 3
1. Whisk the yogurt with the oil, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cumin and garlic until well combined. Pour the mixture into a re-sealable plastic bag. Add the chicken or tofu and seal the bag; removing as much air as possible. Rub to fully coat the chicken in the yogurt mixture. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
2. Preheat your grill to medium-high and throw on the chicken or tofu, immediately reducing the temperature to medium. Cook, turning as needed, for 15 to 20 minutes or until well-marked and cooked through.
3. Avocado Yogurt Sauce: Meanwhile, stir the yogurt with the avocado, lime juice, salt, cumin and the garlic. Serve with the grilled chicken.
→ For more yummy ideas, talk to our friends at Oikos.
You may also like this article :
By popular demand, here are 2 recipes prepared with love by our ambassador, Marikym Hervieux, for the after-work event, in partnership with Oikos.