It’s hard to compete with the 10,000-plus tasty new flavours of store-bought crackers out there, but if you’re up for “eatin’ like a bird” with one of your snacks this week, you’ll see why these crackers are a sure winner.
Loaded with protein, fibre, a slew of vitamins and minerals, and the best fats you can get, the seeds are the real nutritional stars. Just a small serving each day helps to lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar, and keep you flowing through your vinyasa class.
Plus, given that their flavour profile resembles a decadent rosemary, olive oil, sea-salt focaccia, they’re super tasty to boot.
1. Preheat oven to 300°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix the sunflower, sesame, and hemp seeds. Take ¼ cup of the seeds out and put them in a separate bowl. Add the poppy seeds to this bowl and set aside. You will use this smaller bowl of seeds to top the crackers at the end.
3. In a medium bowl, add the oat flour, ground flax, salt, rosemary, and the original bowl of seeds (the one without the poppy seeds).
4. In another small bowl whisk together the olive oil and water. Add it to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
5. Divide the batter evenly on the two cookie sheets. Spread as thinly as possible. This is best done with an offset spatula, but a rubber spatula will also work. Sprinkle on the remaining seeds.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into squares. Tip: A pizza cutter or sharp knife makes this job easier.
7. Place back in the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes. The crackers should be slightly crispy, light, and flaky.
Article via TUJA WELNESS: http://www.tujawellness.com/recipes/pumped-up-seeded-crackers.html for the Eat Clean Challenge.
Author: Kris Osborne