Tuja Wellness hosted a 30 day green smoothie challenge where they would release new smoothie recipes every day. We’ve put together our fave Top 5.
1) THE IMMUNE BOOST
There’s nothin’ like a whole-food pharmacy full of good ol’ vitamin C!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 a lemon, peeled, no seeds (or juice of it, if you don’t have a powerful blender)
- 1 lime, peeled, no seeds (same as above)
- Handful of kale (no stem) or spinach (or other greens)
- 1 navel orange or half cup orange juice
- 1 cup of water
2) GREEN PINA COLADA
Meghan Telpner, creator of the UnDiet has our back on this one – health + taste = major smoothie love.
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 a zucchini
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut (or 1/4 cup dried)**
- 1/2 cup pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups water
**if using dried coconut – you might try soaking it for a few minutes before adding it into your blend.
3) THE FRESHII
Freshii is one of our newest tuja-approved vendors and to commemorate the occasion, they’ve brought us a variation of their yummy “Banana Nut Crunch” recipe from their new line of smoothies. (Make sure to check ’em out for when you need to a lil’ blending break.)
- 1 banana
- small handful almonds (OR your favourite nut butter)
- small handful walnuts
- 2+ leaves romaine lettuce (or another green of your choice)
- 2 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup yogurt (frozen if you like) OR another kind of yogurt or milk (coconut/ almond/ etc.)
- scoop of protein powder (optional)
- ice cubes (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 cup water or milk
4) THE SMOOTHE OPERATOR
This recipe comes from Smoothe Operator in Toronto. Their blend, Spin My Frappe, is the perfect combination of healthy & sweet. Blend on bruthas and sistas.
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp raw cacao (cocoa powder could be subbed in)
- 2-3 raw cacao beans (optional)
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 heaping handful of spinach
- 1 sprig of fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups homemade hemp mylk (but any mylk will do!)
- A touch of maple syrup for sweetness (optional)
5) THE CURE FOR THE COMMUN BREAKFAST
Let’s freshen up with this clean-eating gem. To be as clean as you can be, choose organic, ‘specially for those grapes.
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel bulb
- handful of frozen green grapes
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 a lemon, peeled and seeded
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup filtered water, or as desired
For all your blending, add more liquid if you find your smoothie too thick. Another tip for smooth(ie) sailing is to prep your ingredients for a week’s worth of smoothies, portion into baggies or containers and freeze. In the morning, you can pop it into the blender with your liquid of choice, blend and serve.
You will also like this article:
Green Peach Smoothie : a satisfying and healthy snack