On a hot summer day, this festive, healthful recipe is perfect to hydrate and refresh young and old alike…and to nurture their intestinal flora! Lay in some stores of frozen watermelon – it’s sure to become a household favourite!
A dynamic duo
By adding blueberry fermented rice Bio-K+ to this drink, you are taking care of your family’s intestinal balance and keeping their immune systems in fighting shape.
Watermelon is a great favourite for replenishing electrolytes after a hot, active day. Packed with lycopene and beta-carotene, it gives the body a wonderful dose of antioxidants, protecting you from the risks of prolonged exposure to the sun, boosting recovery after sports and, like Bio-K+, supporting the immune system.
After everyone has been served, freeze the rest of the watermelon preparation in popsicle holders or make watermelon ice cubes for an interesting addition to your cold drinks.
Watermelon Float with Lime, Raspberries and Bio-K+
Preparation : 10 minutes
Freezing: 2 hours
Portions: 6 to 8
1 small watermelon
½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp. honey (optional)
2 bottles Bio-K+ fermented rice (blueberry)
1. With a knife, peel and dice the watermelon.
2. Put half the diced melon (about 4 cups) on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. If you are using fresh raspberries, sprinkle them on the tray as well. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to freeze the fruit.
3. Using a juicer, juice the rest of the watermelon. If you don’t have a juicer, blend the watermelon in the blender until very smooth and drain in a fine sieve. Put the juice in the fridge and save the pulp for your smoothies.
4. Take the fruit from the freezer and let it stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Place 2 cups of watermelon juice in the blender. Add the frozen fruit, lime juice and honey. Blend until smooth and liquid enough to pour into glasses.
5. Pour a quarter of a bottle of blueberry Bio-K+ fermented rice into each glass. Gently pour in the watermelon preparation to create a lovely marble effect. Garnish with lime zest if desired.
6. Serve immediately.
We are inviting you to join our new Bio-K+ Community, it’s an extension of our passion and conviction to make a difference in the health of every person. By signing up, you will receive regular updates on insightful articles, upcoming events, promotions and much more.